Interactive Exhibtion: Evaluation & Future Developments

Evaluation

What did the discovery phase teach me about my audience, and how did it influence my design?
One of the main things I tried to focus on with this project is to create something that the general public of hull could be proud of. Something I believe I have improved on during this process is getting right into the head of the target audience, I believe I was thorough with my research, looking at statics and composing questionnaires for my target audience allowed me to develop a good idea of how I was going to make this exhibition, and the area’s I needed to research into.

From carrying out the process of the research within the discovery phase, I have improved in knowing exactly where to look for my information with this phase, and also have taught me how important this stage of the process is and how much it can affect my design.

How did the research impact my work and what did I take into consideration?
The research stage was key and really influenced my work, It allowed me to paint a clearer picture of how I was going to position content within my exhibition, how I was going to create emotion in my design, and what colors I was going to use for my exhibition.

It also broadened my confidence in going out there to different places to gain inspiration and ideas, such as going to different museums for some of my resources instead of just sitting and using the web for most of my research.

How have I improved the user experience within the museum, what has this process taught me?
With this exhibition to improve the user experience within the museum, I considered creating an interactive environment, using modern day techniques to increase user interaction, and get more and more people attending.

From my research into the ‘BackTrackHull’ Facebook page, I developed a greater insight into how important and how interested the general public are in our fishing heritage but not only that the nostalgic element of reminiscing over old photographs and stories, gave me the idea to develop this into something further and creating an interactive environment that I know from my discovery page will interest the audience I am targeting. Creating an interactive platform that unites and creates common ground for the different age groups through technology.

This process has taught me that I shouldn’t limit myself to just creating websites, I have discovered from my research that there are so many different fields to my profession.

When developing the wireframes and designs, did my ideas change throughout this process?
Throughout the process of wire framing and designing I made small changes throughout the wire framing process, such as the positioning of some of the content and the tool bar on the tablet design.

But throughout my wire framing and design process my ideas stayed relatively the same.

What elements of touch, feel, sight, and hearing, have I used to appeal to these senses in the user?
I used augmented reality for visual elements of the exhibition, and researched into different types of touch screen devices to attempt to create an all-around immersive environment, something that the use could feel as though they can reach out and touch. I also created music for this exhibition, to emit an emotion and create a mood throughout the exhibition.

How Does The Exhibition:

Create Emotion?
I used music of a certain genre ‘ambient’ to create a mood throughout the exhibition, and also looked into color psychology to emit the emotions I wanted to create in the user such as:

• Nostalgia

• Pride

• Sadness

Tell a Story?
Using personal stories submitted by the user, from my research on ‘BackTrackHull’ my target audience will be interested in this.

Inspire User Interaction?
Using augmented reality and the use of user generated content again will be visually beautiful and inspire user interaction.

Future Developments

My Thoughts on the End Results, And How I Could Adapt On the Exhibition
Throughout this process even though I loved idea, I believe in some cases it does not fit in with a History Museum, I started to think because it solely relies on UGC some of the information uploaded can be false, in which people go to a museum for educational reasons.

I believe this concept could be adapted for an Art Museum or something similar, other than my doubt I liked the end result and believed it fit the target audience and resembles my research.

Do I Think I have improved in any areas during this process?
I believe the area I have improved in is within creating a product that relates to directly to the research stage and the discovery phase. I tried to be as thorough as possible with the research, to try and create a product that not only fit the brief that was put in place, but also fit the target audience and my research.

Do I Think I could improve in some areas?
My main problem throughout this process was my time management; I have problems keep up to the timescale I had set out for myself. And understanding the brief straight, I known for going off on a tangent and believe I originally did this at the start of the project, but then pulled it back further down the line.

Also I believe I could improve in my research stage and be a lot more thorough with research into typography, and colors. Even though I looked into color psychology I didn’t choose the tones of the variety of colors that I used that matched.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s