Now I had the story, and soundtrack, I decided to make the logo for the novel and really try and bring out the feel and emotion of the piece. I looked into other 80s horror movie logo’s to gain some inspiration.
Old horror movie logos all have a their own unique and bespoke fonts, they are more illustrative and hand drawn. I tried to look for some of the fonts online but could not find any, so I decided to look for other fonts that are very similar. After looking at other horror movie fonts I noticed that the majority of them are decorative or script.
Instead of going down the usual direction of looking for fonts online I decided to hand draw my logo because in that way, it is more unique to the experience and also reflects back on the research.
Here is the outline I created I really wanted to bring out rugged edges of the text, because this fits in perfectly with the style of the artwork within the novel.
After creating the rough outline I went into photoshop and implemented a colour overlay over the top of the text, using black and red to really bring out that 80s horror movie title vibe.